Lyon is a mini Paris in terms of its engagement with contemporary art. This visit we looked beyond the usual tourist galleries and found the locals art scene. The contemporary art gallery here is known as MAC Lyon and some of the works are from its collection ‘Pour Mémoire, acquired from its own art Biennal, the last was in 2011. It was also showing a large body by two artists, Daniel Firman and Phillipe Droguet. Photos were allowed but of course without flash so some of the white walls appear to be sepia in tone. The 12th Biennal de Lyon takes place 12 September 2013 until 05 January 2014.
- Taste and Travel – twin passions
- Clarendon House still presides
- Slow Food Hobart Tour de Tasman
- A special garden at Mole Creek
- Our major life change is a sea change
- Cooking with cast iron
- More cooking classes in Paris
- Volta restaurant, Ghent, Belgium
- Dining in de Vitrine, Ghent Belgium
- Chocolatier becomes Alain Ducasse
Search for past posts here
Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.
Writer, Traveller, taster of world food, lover of art, architecture and design. Former owner of a Queensland contemporary art gallery followed by The Cook The Artist Cooking School and Taste Travel tours. Now running Kiss a Fish Food Consulting in north east Tasmania.